Thanks to the Zoom Challah Bake, baking challah has become a Friday ritual. I was mostly using the leftovers to make challah French toast, until I started making this breakfast sandwich. Now this is a weekend staple. You can get the recipe I use for challah here.
Time: 15 min; Serves 4
- Challah loaf
- 8 eggs (2/person)
- pickled onions
- Aleppo Chili
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- bacon grease or butter (to toast the challah)
1. Cut thick slices of the challah and toast them in a skillet with bacon grease or butter. Remove and set aside.
2. Mash the avocado and add in the lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Mix together until it’s spreadable. Spread the avo mash onto the challah toast.
3. Fry the eggs so they’re over easy/medium. You want the yolk to run a but so you can dip the sandwich into it.
4. Add the eggs onto the sandwich and top with the pickled onions and Aleppo chili. Serve.